• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Energy-Supply Conspiracy Theories

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
 Free energy suppression conspiracy theory - it's the theory that some cheap or free, clean, and feasible energy sources are being suppressed by various conspirators. Sources like
  • Renewable-energy technologies
  • Cold fusion
  • Perpetual motion machines
  • Zero-point energy
  • Reverse-engineered or donated extraterrestrial technology
  • Other weird sources
There is some support for such conspiracy theories about renewable energy, from the activities of fossil-fuel lobbyists ( Fossil fuels lobby). For instance, the Cape Wind wind-energy project was obstructed to death by, among others, William Koch, a coal billionaire and a lesser-known Koch brother. But as wind energy and solar energy have become more and more economically viable, it looks like these renewable-energy opponents are losing.

I have encountered a version of the extraterrestrial conspiracy hypothesis. UFOlogist Desmond Leslie wrote a novel that featured this theory, "The Amazing Mr Lutterworth" (The Amazing Mr Lutterworth (George Adamski)). It was inspired by the career of his good friend, UFO contactee George Adamski, someone who claimed to have met some friendly human(oid) extraterrestrials around then, and even ridden in their vehicles.

In this novel, the titular character suffers an accident in an ocean liner as he crosses from Britain to the United States, one that makes him lose his memory. He finds that he has 78 mysterious crystals, and he spends the rest of the novel finding out what he is supposed to do with them. Along the way, an oil-company executive offers a large sum of money for them, but he declines.

In the end, he gets his memory back and he appears before the United Nations General Assembly, distributing the crystals to all the delegates there. It is for a super energy source:
This power, I tell them, shall change the face of the Earth. No more shall small groups, nor even single men, be able to rule multitudes through hunger in their bellies; for there shall no more be hunger nor want nor cold; and in time again there shall be no more disease, for as man learns to live in harmony with nature, instead of continually struggling against it, he will destroy the cause of disease.

That book is hard to find, but I have succeeded in finding a scan of it online, in the book site scribd.com .

One of George Adamski's associates, a certain Charlotte Blob, reportedly stated this conspiracy theory toward the end of the film "Rainbow Bridge", about counterculturalists in Maui, Hawaii, in 1972. I have been unable to find that film. Desmond Leslie himself has stated that theory in a documentary about UFO contactees made late in his life, and I've been able to find it online.

latest

We can't forget the WonderJet Carburetor.

This story has been in circulation at least as long as gas mileage had been a concern to people. The basic elements are always the same, just the dates and names vary. The first time I heard this story was in Junior High(now called middle school).

A man buys a Ford truck and is very happy with it. He thinks there maybe something wrong with the fuel gauge, because after a week, it still shows nearly full. He fills the tank, which takes only a gallon. The gauge is accurate and his truck gets very high fuel mileage. The actual number is up to the story teller , so anything from 45 to 60 mpg is fine.

After a few months the man receives a call from the car dealer. It's time for his truck to have it's first free warranty service, and he'll be given a loaner car for the day. This is the first clue. There never was such a thing as free warranty service. In any case, the man leaves his truck for the day and later, he notices fuel consumption has gone up. He's getting the commonly expected 10 to 15 miles per gallon. He goes back to complain and is told, that's normal for his truck.

What happened? Based on all available evidence, there is only one possible solution. In the research laboratory of the Ford Motor Company, engineers had created a special carburetor, the WonderJet, capable of extracting incredible amounts of energy from a gallon of gas. This was kept a great secret, because car companies and oil companies are engaged in a great conspiracy. By some misadventure, the WonderJet wandered onto the assembly line and was installed on an ordinary truck. Once the mistake was discovered, the truck was found and the owner tricked so, the WonderJet could be recovered.

I have been told this story three times, each time by someone who sincerely believed it to be true. Carburetors disappeared from under hoods in the mid 1980's which was about the time car manufacturers became obsessed with better fuel mileage. Before that time, a carburetor was a mysterious device. This was mainly because it contains a lot of small parts, and requires careful adjustment from time to time. It was intimidating, but anyone who cared about cars knew the carburetor was the key factor in engine power.

Through a series if bad decisions, I have seen the inside of more carburetors than most people have had haircuts, and even before that, I knew the WonderJet story was absurd.

The last time the WonderJet tale was related to me, it had a twist ending. It all started the same, but the car owner was wary when he was told to bring the car back for free warranty service. He had heard of the WonderJet and knew better. He never took the car back to the dealership again, and for all we know, somewhere in this nation, there is a 1978 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight, which gets 64 miles to the gallon.

Then there is the internal combustion engine powered car fueled by water. This idea somehow never seems to die likely because it can actually be demonstrated to work. The falsehood is in that it is electricity from battery power that is the real energy source and the battery needs to be charged. The electricity from the battery breaks down the water into hydrogen and oxygen which is then used as fuel for the engine. This means that the "water powered car" is actually an extremely inefficient electric car.

But it is fairly easy to find claims of a conspiracy by "big oil" to keep the secret of the water powered car away from the public.

HeeHee that takes me back. The Popular Mechanics and Mechanics Illustrated magazines always had ads in the back for plans for 300mpg carburetors.

Plans for limitless energy devices.

All of it being suppressed by oil and electric utilities. What 'they' don't want you to know.

Back
Top Bottom