• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The new Casey Anthony series. A legal question.

senor boogie woogie

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic
Now, there is a new documentary about the Casey Anthony case. I am sure most of you know about this case already, if you havent for some reason at all it is out there. I have a legal question to ask about the case.

Her lawyer, defending her at trial, claimed that the child Caylee drowned in the family's above ground pool and the father, George covered it up and he was the one who buried his granddaughter in a shallow grave a couple of miles at an illegal dump in the woods from the house. Not only that, the lawyer Baez accused Casey's father, George, of sexually abusing and basically raping. Casey. He has even said in trial about George sticking his penis in Casey's mouth. Basically claiming her father raped his daughter repeatedly.

Why is this allowed? I would say with a 99.99999 percent certainty that this is an absolute fabrication. My question is how and why was the lawyer allowed to say this without any evidence whatsoever. None. Just to make this kind of groundless accusation to ruin the reputation of Casey's father whose reputation is already ruined because of his daughter and her actions. I think there needs to be proof of something to accuse someone. If I was the judge (and granted I know nothing about the legal system) would have stopped that and would ask, where is the proof? Where is this coming from? Was the father ever arrested for sexually abusing the daughter? Does the lawyer have any credible witnesses to this?

I could not imagine George the father in the courtroom having to listen to this (especially if it was a lie which is was) and not have the urge to go in front of the court to confront the lawyer and not assault him. Or wait until a break in the case, going up to the lawyer to assault him. Accusing me of raping my daughter? (For me), I have been to jail. Jail isnt anything (jail is mostly very boring, smelly and lots of bad food and weird people). Would be worth it. Why couldnt the father sue the lawyer? The lawyer accused him of raping his daughter. From accounts I have read of the case, Casey also accused her brother of also raping her.

Why is this allowed? Looking forward to seeing this documentary tomorrow to see Casey lie even more. She must be destitute to agree to this.

Hard questions for sure. Since you were witness to the “fact” that nobody raped her, you are probably the person best qualified person on the planet to answer all those hard questions.

Now, there is a new documentary about the Casey Anthony case. I am sure most of you know about this case already, if you havent for some reason at all it is out there. I have a legal question to ask about the case.

Her lawyer, defending her at trial, claimed that the child Caylee drowned in the family's above ground pool and the father, George covered it up and he was the one who buried his granddaughter in a shallow grave a couple of miles at an illegal dump in the woods from the house. Not only that, the lawyer Baez accused Casey's father, George, of sexually abusing and basically raping. Casey. He has even said in trial about George sticking his penis in Casey's mouth. Basically claiming her father raped his daughter repeatedly.

Why is this allowed? I would say with a 99.99999 percent certainty that this is an absolute fabrication. My question is how and why was the lawyer allowed to say this without any evidence whatsoever. None. Just to make this kind of groundless accusation to ruin the reputation of Casey's father whose reputation is already ruined because of his daughter and her actions. I think there needs to be proof of something to accuse someone. If I was the judge (and granted I know nothing about the legal system) would have stopped that and would ask, where is the proof? Where is this coming from? Was the father ever arrested for sexually abusing the daughter? Does the lawyer have any credible witnesses to this?

I could not imagine George the father in the courtroom having to listen to this (especially if it was a lie which is was) and not have the urge to go in front of the court to confront the lawyer and not assault him. Or wait until a break in the case, going up to the lawyer to assault him. Accusing me of raping my daughter? (For me), I have been to jail. Jail isnt anything (jail is mostly very boring, smelly and lots of bad food and weird people). Would be worth it. Why couldnt the father sue the lawyer? The lawyer accused him of raping his daughter. From accounts I have read of the case, Casey also accused her brother of also raping her.

Why is this allowed? Looking forward to seeing this documentary tomorrow to see Casey lie even more. She must be destitute to agree to this.

Your post is not very coherent. I avoid this sort of sordid internet gossip, so I have no idea what is being said by anyone except you.

For example, I have no idea why a molestation accusation came up in a drowning death when it's not even the same victim. You go from "George" to "the father" to "grandfather", from Caylee's death to (apparently) her mother's rape without explanation.

I'm not asking for details, I don't want to know. I'm pointing out that you don't appear to know what's going on either, with much clarity.
Tom

I'm pointing out that you don't appear to know what's going on either, with much clarity.
To be fair, it could be simple ineloquence.
Part of my confusion started with the word "series" in the thread title.

"Star Trek", "The Golden Girls", "Roots", "The Apprentice", and "Cops" are all series. Being a series is about all they have in common.
Is this series supposed to be taken seriously, as nonfiction?
That would make it highly unusual in my TV experience.
Tom

This case illustrates how to commit the "perfect crime". The problem with premeditated murder is the murderer tries to stage the circumstances to provide an alibi or cast suspicion in another direction. The real key to getting away with murder is to conceal the crime as long as possible. Memories of where people are at any point in time become fuzzy and evidence erodes. Time is the fertilizer of doubt.

Back
Top Bottom