• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What TV are you watching and how would you rate it? [Revive from FRDB]

I just started Dark Matter on Apple TV. I'm only a couple of episodes in so far and it's interesting. These parallel universe shows seem to be big these days (also recently watched Constellation and The Devil's Hour) so I'm being cautious that yet another variation will present anything particularly compelling.

It’s Survivor night!
Next week is the season finale.
The evolution of the game has produced a situation where now, every blessing is a curse, every advantage earned is a liability, and strength - especially physical strength - is a weakness. I’m waiting for some very capable person to hoodwink the rest into believing they’re hapless, right up to the end. But no… as soon as any player gets away with hiding their strengths, they get an irrational, irresistible urge to turn it into a Big Play … so they share their secret - and get axed.
Sorry, but I find it fascinating.
It wasn’t Survivor night; it’s tonight. But that sure was a good bud.

TURИ. The AMC series. I'm halfway through season two. Pretty good now that I can watch it over the course of weeks rather than years. I watched some of this when it originally aired but couldn't retain enough of it from one week to the next. This eventually make it unwatchable.

I just started Dark Matter on Apple TV. I'm only a couple of episodes in so far and it's interesting. These parallel universe shows seem to be big these days (also recently watched Constellation and The Devil's Hour) so I'm being cautious that yet another variation will present anything particularly compelling.
Dark Matter looks good so far. Constellation, like so many Apple series drags a bit. I get the feeling Apple trying to get more miles out of these series by slow-walking the stories.
I've been watching Sugar for the style it is presented in. Hell, I'd watch it just for the Corvette scenes. She's so sexy. A couple things finally got explained recently. I've yet to decide if it's a good thing or not.
And Loot. I turned this off initially and recently picked it back up again. Now I'm enjoying it for the absurdity.

Constellation, like so many Apple series drags a bit. I get the feeling Apple trying to get more miles out of these series by slow-walking the stories.
yes. Constellation drags a bit especially once it is obvious to the viewer what is happening. But I will say that the scenes in the ISS are some of the best space scenes I’ve seen in any tv show or movie. If you’ve seen a bit of real ISS footage you’ll appreciate what a good job they did.

Have you seen Counterpart? It went for two seasons and was also an interesting take on parallel universes. It was strangely prescient as it was made before Covid and one of the plot devices was a global pandemic.

Have you seen Counterpart? It went for two seasons and was also an interesting take on parallel universes. It was strangely prescient as it was made before Covid and one of the plot devices was a global pandemic.

Back
Top Bottom