• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Biblical Flood Caused An Ice Age

Not even if God did a miracle?

It goes both ways. "GOD DID A MIRACLLLE" isn't going to convince someone who doesn't believe in miracles. Try again.
Well, those Darwin Devil worshipers can stick to their materialist illusion, and keep pretending that they don’t believe in their Creator!!! We know they do, and we know they won’t admit it for fear that they’ll lose their phony baloney jobs, preaching the false gospel of Science!

That’s not going to stop us from trying to save them from their damning folly, even if they have to be tortured to death to save them from eternal torture!

Try to imagine the mental somersaults you'd have to perform to believe that Genesis is good history. I'm related to a young earth creationist, and from time to time I hear some of the stuff she spouts. Because her reading is -- from everything she mentions -- confined to 'spiritual' writings, she doesn't come up against hard knocks. Her dad (my uncle) once said to me, with some bewilderment, "K____ thinks the earth is about 10,000 years old. She doesn't believe evolution happened." It follows that she wouldn't believe that our measurement of space is real, and that there could be galaxies sending us light from millions of years ago. And that cancels physics, which depends on our understanding of those measurements. Carbon dating? Whales once having limbs? Fake news! Of immense importance to her: the Shroud of Turin.
I never fail to vote, because I know she votes, too.

It goes both ways. "GOD DID A MIRACLLLE" isn't going to convince someone who doesn't believe in miracles. Try again.
"God did a miracle" isn't going to convince someone who understands logic and epistemology, either.

Miracles are neutral as regards events - that is, literally anything could be miraculous, including the opposite of anything you want to claim as miraculous. Therefore, miracles explain nothing; They are not an explanation, but rather are an attempt to excuse the lack of an explanation.

They are the cowards way of saying "I don't know"; They are also the bullies way of saying "I don't know, and I demand that you stop trying to find out, because I am determined never to know".

Scientists could not do effective work if a saboteur was meddling with their observations, methods, or results. The observation that science produces useful and reproducible results, that can be used to develop workable technologies, is proof that miracles do not occur.

They are the cowards way of saying "I don't know"; They are also the bullies way of saying "I don't know, and I demand that you stop trying to find out, because I am determined never to know".
You missed your vocation. You should have been a writer.

If you're doing a critique of what the bible says took place, you have to accept that the biblical account includes the word God.

All you're saying is...the Noachian Flood never happened because there's no God to make it happen...and even if God does exist, He isn't clever enough or powerful enough to do stuff like that.

Thats not much of a counter-argument.

Back
Top Bottom