• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Freethought Organizations

If religion was private, and pushing it on others was socially gauche and rather rare, there'd be no need for organizations like ffrf. But we're at the other extreme in America.
I agree when it comes to the conservative religious organizations that are literally trying to turn the US into a theocracy. My Christians friends are just as upset about this as I am. They are strong supporters of the SCS, and they are the ones we should be uniting with to try and stop what the Rs are planning for this country. They have a list of things they want to outlaw, like gay marriage, minority genders, reproductive rights for women and that's probably just the tip of the iceberg. We don't have to worry about the liberal and somewhat moderate believers but the White Christian Nationalist Movement is gaining power, and we all should be concerned. Voting for a Republican at this point in time is dangerous, if we care about democracy and the separation of church and state. I even remember the time when evangelicals like my late parents supported the SCS. They were members of an evangelical Baptist church and Baptists used to be strong supporters of SCS. What the fuck happened?

Back
Top Bottom