• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Interview with Adam Taylor on Abortion Apologetics

Internet Infidels

Infidel
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Naturalist
Interview with Adam Taylor on Abortion Apologetics

Watch on Youtube

Join Freethinker Podcast host Edouard Tahmizian and first-time Kiosk author (hot off the press!) Adam Taylor for a 20-minute interview on the anti-abortion apologetics of long-renowned Christian apologists like Norman Geisler and Paul Copan. Taylor shares what motivated him to take on this topic, whether the Bible actually describes the unborn as persons protected under the sixth commandment, and whether—imagining that the Bible does consider the unborn as persons with a right to life—nevertheless abortion might be biblically permitted as one of many exceptions to the ‘Thou Shalt not Kill’ commandment. After chewing on the free will-determinism debate for a bit, the interlocutors turn to reconciling the belief that life begins at conception with the high miscarriage rate within the first trimester and Taylor’s willingness to engage with criticisms of his critique. Check out this quick overview of the key issues that come up in Christian anti-abortion apologetics!

[ Internet Infidels: Freethinker Podcast Page | Youtube: Freethinker Podcast Channel ]

As soon as I'm done with Lil Ns X, I am gonna have to hear this. Ever hear "abortion causes breast cancer"? Yeah. Guess what. When I was a kid, proofreading my mother's book, which was her life's work, after years as one of the Right To Life's first, best, and most prolific (ahem) propagandists... I realized as I read the galley proofs that she was wrong about abortion being the cause of breast cancer. But she was already SO wrong (as I am, too, often) that I'd already spent a lot of time looking for her mistakes (such as her typos!) (gee, why can't I see my own typos).

I had learned in science class that correlation was not causation. We had a married couple teaching the 5th/6th grade "Gifted" class (uggh) and I can remember them tag-teaming to teach us how to spot it. I also read my mom's so-called sources; I knew what lit or book came from Birthright USA and what came from the nearby college library, or our local public library, where I just about lived.

I used to sing a little parody ("used to" haha, "a" - right) to the Hallelujah chorus to mock my mom's literature for being wrong. Her pamphlet was titled "150 Complications of Legal Abortion" but her list contained a lot of repeated "causes of death," such as ... well, I sang "... Renal failure! Kidney failure! They're really different! 'Cause theyyyy're in my booook!"

I've said too much, allow me to provide the propaganda that my mom helped write.

The Inevitable Physical Complications of Abortion

Author: A.L.L. [A.L.L. - American Life League - and, her initials plus an L]

CHAPTER 46 — THE INEVITABLE PHYSICAL COMPLICATIONS OF ABORTION

American Life League

In medical practice, there are few surgical procedures given so little attention and so underrated in its potential hazards as abortion. It is a commonly held view that complications are inevitable.

Finally, it is well-known among medical personnel that abortionists in general permanently reside at the bottom rung of the medical profession. They are shunned by their fellow physicians, not only because of the disreputable and filthy nature of their trade, but also because many abortionists are incompetent hacks who can find no other place to work as doctors.

Following are just a few of the inevitable major complications inflicted by the so-called 'safe and legal' abortion procedure.

It gets worse. Her pack of fellow pro-life propagandists invented "post-abortion syndrome (PAS)" - sure, all the guilt trips and slutshaming has nothing to do with it... the abhorrent argument after that line is yours to read.

I'll add one more disgusting quote to show you how they thought, and what their literature said (ohhh, do I do this?? ohhh noo).

Some abortionists kill babies almost as a sideline to their other immoral activities. After all, if a person kills babies, what is to hinder them from becoming involved in such trivia as dealing drugs or evading income taxes?

Absurd, right? Here's her sources and such.

Ann Saltenberger. Abortion: Choice or Chance?
Air-Plus Enterprises, Post Office Box 190, Garrisonville, Virginia 22463. 1987, 67 pages. This book is short, but covers a lot of ground. Four main sections cover many topics, including the methods of abortion, fetal development, the physical and psychological dangers of abortion, and insurance statistics on abortion.

Ann Saltenberger. Every Woman Has the Right to Know the Dangers of Legal Abortion.
1983, 237 pages. Order from Air-Plus Enterprises, Post Office Box [I remember the box number and the way to turn the dial to unlock it], Glassboro, New Jersey 08028, or Sun Life, Greystone, Thaxton, Virginia 24174, or Life Issues Bookshelf, Sun Life, Thaxton, Virginia 24174, telephone: (703) 586-4898. Reviewed by Michael M. Donovan, M.D., on page 19 of the December 1982 issue of ALL About Issues, and by Daniel J. Martin, M.D. on page 8 of the November 24, 1983 issue of National Right to Life News. This book goes into minute detail about every imaginable type of physical or psychological harm that could possibly arise from abortion. It also addresses the impact on other family members, particularly siblings. The appendix features over 300 references.

© American Life League BBS — 1-703-659-7111

This is a chapter of the Pro-Life Activist's Encyclopedia, published by American Life League.

Yup. every woman has a right to be dumb about legal abortion aah jk art cover paperback.jpg

When the movie "Mommie Dearest" came out, my friends teased me about how my mom did worse than dislike wire hangers.

...as I read the galley proofs that she was wrong about abortion being the cause of breast cancer.

Surely she wasn't saying abortion is THE cause of breastfeeding cancer. There's lots of other suspected causes.

Back
Top Bottom