• Welcome to the Internet Infidels Discussion Board.

There is something wrong with young women

Personally I think Californian women are all crazy nut cases. I don't know a Californian women,but read it in The Guardian.
It’s true. I’ve been there and they are uniformly cray cray. But Seattle puts it to shame, and Portland - well, just get outa town!
It is horrible. They don't shave their legs and armpits.
Do you shave yours?

Have you been to Europe??

I think Steve is being facetious, but I could be wrong.
I KNOW Steve was joking, but accept that sometimes it's hard to tell.
 
Ask yourself why this is "national news".
Beeeeeeeeeecaause the Boston Globe wrote the story, published it online and the internet is available around the world? And other media (like the New York Times, et al) have followed suit. And its a rather silly human interest story about politics and wokeness run amok?

Also, more recently...

Viral lesbian bar that received backlash over mask mandate being eyed for Hollywood adaptation

According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, talent agency UTA “has been fielding inquiries about potential adaptations for the article — both in the scripted space and the documentary sphere.”

UTA, which represents the Globe, confirmed the report to The Independent.

A spokesperson for the newspaper told The Independent: “This story has certainly resonated with a wide range of audiences nationally and internationally. It is now one of the most-read stories we’ve published, and has already garnered many thousands of subscriptions.”

There's an old saying that, IIRC, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". Maybe selling their story will bring financial stability to the bar and its owners.
 
Ask yourself why this is "national news".
Beeeeeeeeeecaause the Boston Globe wrote the story, published it online and the internet is available around the world? And other media (like the New York Times, et al) have followed suit. And its a rather silly human interest story about politics and wokeness run amok?

Also, more recently...

Viral lesbian bar that received backlash over mask mandate being eyed for Hollywood adaptation

According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, talent agency UTA “has been fielding inquiries about potential adaptations for the article — both in the scripted space and the documentary sphere.”

UTA, which represents the Globe, confirmed the report to The Independent.

A spokesperson for the newspaper told The Independent: “This story has certainly resonated with a wide range of audiences nationally and internationally. It is now one of the most-read stories we’ve published, and has already garnered many thousands of subscriptions.”

There's an old saying that, IIRC, "There's no such thing as bad publicity". Maybe selling their story will bring financial stability to the bar and its owners.
There's more of a market than you think for stories that center marginalized groups instead of erasing then.
 
I KNOW Steve was joking, but accept that sometimes it's hard to tell.
I consider Steve to be "Bill Maher adjacent", so I err on the side of caution. Guess that makes me a woke fucking cunt.

I had completely forgotten Maher, a wimpy sniveling sort of a person. What an insult.

As the OP is as TSwizzle framed it is stereotyping women.

Using the word cunt? I guess you are not a woke progressive.
Geographic and Cultural Context
• In the United States: The word is widely considered one of the most severe misogynistic slurs in the English language. Because "woke" ideology emphasizes social justice, political correctness, and avoiding language that degrades marginalized groups, using the word in the U.S. as a derogatory insult is often viewed as highly offensive, politically incorrect, and aligned with anti-woke defiance against speech norms.

Did somebody say bimbo?

Modern "Bimbo Feminism" (Pro-Woke / Progressive)
For Gen Z and younger millennials, the word has been actively reclaimed as an intersectional, leftist political statement. Led by creators like Chrissy Chlapecka, modern "bimboism" or "bimbocore" embraces hyper-femininity, plastic surgery, and the color pink while explicitly championing progressive values

The Traditional Insult: Historically, "bimbo" was a misogynistic slur used to reduce attractive women to unintelligent sex objects. In everyday language, using it to demean someone's intelligence remains an act of traditional sexism

I always suspected the forum was really a den of conservative misogyny.
 
In the United States: The word is widely considered one of the most severe misogynistic slurs in the English language.
In Australia: The word is a term of endearment used between close friends, usually male.

English is complex, and actively resists having simple rules or universal meanings.
 
My Australian friend often calls me a cunt. :D Half the time I can’t understand what the hell is saying anyway because of his thick accent. But he is a fine person who loves to drink and smoke pot. :) I’ve done many drawings of him.
 
There are lots of important issues that can be discussed in depth about the shortcomings of the American university system, but this isn't one of them.
Yeah, making students who drug and gang rape another student write essays is one of those important issues/shortcomings.
???



View attachment 55431


Many years ago, when I was a college freshman, a friend of mine showed up one night at my dorm room door, fairly drunk, which was not like her. She told me there was a party downstairs on the men's floor and she was there with her boyfriend and wanted me to come. Then she told me her boyfriend had ditched her. BTW, the floor with the party was the floor her boyfriend lived on and everyone knew everyone more or less. They all knew my friend was dating her boyfriend. I was a bit concerned as my friend was never even tipsy before that I ever saw so said I needed to find my room keys and I'd be right down. She went down ahead of me and I found her a few minutes later, flat on her back on a bed in some guy's room with a line of guys literally out the door and going down the hall, each waiting to take turns. She was a happy drunk and said she just loved everybody! and clearly had no idea what was about to take place. I did though and I immediately went all wrath of God on everybody, all 5'1/98 lbs of me and believe it or not, that dispersed the little party that was about to take place.

That's how much effort it takes to break up a gang rape.

Not one of those 'men' including her boyfriend, had the guts to stand up and stop what was going on.
This Cornell rape story is turning out to be a big clusterfuck. Lots of misinformation floating around and the usual mob mentaility.

'Cornell 7' gang rape lawsuit: What we know about the allegations so far

Even Sunny Hostin from The View (a former sex crimes prosecutor in New York) is pushing back on the rape allegations:

'The View' Host Sunny Hostin Goes to Bat for Accused Cornell Frat Bros

Everyone needs to stop with the rush to judgement and let the story unfold.
 
In the United States: The word is widely considered one of the most severe misogynistic slurs in the English language.
In Australia: The word is a term of endearment used between close friends, usually male.

English is complex, and actively resists having simple rules or universal meanings.
Yep, but just keep in mind that depending on what part of the world you are in truly matters with respect to how things are heard, read and interpreted.

As a kid, I remember being shocked that saying ‘bloody’ was swearing in England. Trust me: Telling someone they should eat some spotted dick will not get you the same reaction everywhere.

In certain parts of the US, telling someone ‘That’s interesting’ can mean anything from ‘What a hideous sweater’ to ‘How rude’ to ‘Fuck all the way off’ to ‘I’d like to know more about that. ‘ Lord help you if some nice southern lady says ‘Bless your heart’ with a sweet smile on her lips and fire in her eyes.
 
There are lots of important issues that can be discussed in depth about the shortcomings of the American university system, but this isn't one of them.
Yeah, making students who drug and gang rape another student write essays is one of those important issues/shortcomings.
???



View attachment 55431


Many years ago, when I was a college freshman, a friend of mine showed up one night at my dorm room door, fairly drunk, which was not like her. She told me there was a party downstairs on the men's floor and she was there with her boyfriend and wanted me to come. Then she told me her boyfriend had ditched her. BTW, the floor with the party was the floor her boyfriend lived on and everyone knew everyone more or less. They all knew my friend was dating her boyfriend. I was a bit concerned as my friend was never even tipsy before that I ever saw so said I needed to find my room keys and I'd be right down. She went down ahead of me and I found her a few minutes later, flat on her back on a bed in some guy's room with a line of guys literally out the door and going down the hall, each waiting to take turns. She was a happy drunk and said she just loved everybody! and clearly had no idea what was about to take place. I did though and I immediately went all wrath of God on everybody, all 5'1/98 lbs of me and believe it or not, that dispersed the little party that was about to take place.

That's how much effort it takes to break up a gang rape.

Not one of those 'men' including her boyfriend, had the guts to stand up and stop what was going on.
This Cornell rape story is turning out to be a big clusterfuck. Lots of misinformation floating around and the usual mob mentaility.

'Cornell 7' gang rape lawsuit: What we know about the allegations so far

Even Sunny Hostin from The View (a former sex crimes prosecutor in New York) is pushing back on the rape allegations:

'The View' Host Sunny Hostin Goes to Bat for Accused Cornell Frat Bros

Everyone needs to stop with the rush to judgement and let the story unfold.
Oh, well, if Sunny Hostin ( whoever the hell that is) from The View thinks so, I guess the matter is settled!

The fact is that New York laws allow you to have sex with someone who is inebriated so long as they are conscious. Never mind if they can’t stand or don’t know what is happening, are vomiting, and unable to effectively protest because their words are slurring that badly.

I hear the law may change.
 
There are lots of important issues that can be discussed in depth about the shortcomings of the American university system, but this isn't one of them.
Yeah, making students who drug and gang rape another student write essays is one of those important issues/shortcomings.
???



View attachment 55431


Many years ago, when I was a college freshman, a friend of mine showed up one night at my dorm room door, fairly drunk, which was not like her. She told me there was a party downstairs on the men's floor and she was there with her boyfriend and wanted me to come. Then she told me her boyfriend had ditched her. BTW, the floor with the party was the floor her boyfriend lived on and everyone knew everyone more or less. They all knew my friend was dating her boyfriend. I was a bit concerned as my friend was never even tipsy before that I ever saw so said I needed to find my room keys and I'd be right down. She went down ahead of me and I found her a few minutes later, flat on her back on a bed in some guy's room with a line of guys literally out the door and going down the hall, each waiting to take turns. She was a happy drunk and said she just loved everybody! and clearly had no idea what was about to take place. I did though and I immediately went all wrath of God on everybody, all 5'1/98 lbs of me and believe it or not, that dispersed the little party that was about to take place.

That's how much effort it takes to break up a gang rape.

Not one of those 'men' including her boyfriend, had the guts to stand up and stop what was going on.
This Cornell rape story is turning out to be a big clusterfuck. Lots of misinformation floating around and the usual mob mentaility.

'Cornell 7' gang rape lawsuit: What we know about the allegations so far

Even Sunny Hostin from The View (a former sex crimes prosecutor in New York) is pushing back on the rape allegations:

'The View' Host Sunny Hostin Goes to Bat for Accused Cornell Frat Bros

Everyone needs to stop with the rush to judgement and let the story unfold.
Rush? The rape happened two years ago, and if there hadn't been a media circus, no real investigation would have occurred at all. Had one of these rapes resulted in a pregnancy, that child would be walking, talking, and remembering by now. Your definition of "rushing" to judgement is fucked up beyond belief.
 
I was in Liverpool for some long forgotten reason in 1964 iirc. I would have been 14, and I was shocked.
At night there were groups of scary teens on the street outside the hotel, including a gang of about 8 girls who were yelling, screaming, laughing and breaking bottles as loudly as possible.
I’ve been worried that there’s something wrong with young women ever since. I’m surprised Swiz wasn’t aware of this problem with young women before he jumped the pond.
That was 62 years ago.
The problems that exist for - and with - young men in America are far greater, IMO.
 
In the United States: The word is widely considered one of the most severe misogynistic slurs in the English language.
In Australia: The word is a term of endearment used between close friends, usually male.

English is complex, and actively resists having simple rules or universal meanings.
Yep, but just keep in mind that depending on what part of the world you are in truly matters with respect to how things are heard, read and interpreted.

As a kid, I remember being shocked that saying ‘bloody’ was swearing in England. Trust me: Telling someone they should eat some spotted dick will not get you the same reaction everywhere.
Show them the spotted dick first.
 
The problems that exist for - and with - young men in America are far greater, IMO.
What could possibly be more important than whether a particular dike bar requires masks at an event??!

Well, we haven't started talking about young bisexual women with nose rings yet. I don't know what's more important: nose rings, lesbian bars requiring masks, periods, a Jewish white woman saying she's Palestinian, women who have 1970s length pubic hair.... We need some kind of complaint survey where we can chart the gripes into a spectrum that ordinary people can use to look these things up.
 
The problems that exist for - and with - young men in America are far greater, IMO.
What could possibly be more important than whether a particular dike bar requires masks at an event??!

Well, we haven't started talking about young bisexual women with nose rings yet. I don't know what's more important: nose rings, lesbian bars requiring masks, periods, a Jewish white woman saying she's Palestinian, women who have 1970s length pubic hair.... We need some kind of complaint survey where we can chart the gripes into a spectrum that ordinary people can use to look these things up.
We had a young lady on one of our field trips some years back who stepped out of a school van on Monarch Pass and suddenly collapsed. It turned out that in addition to the usual altitude problems, she was discovering why metal nose rings aren't as popular in snowbound locales as they are in our dusty lowland. :)
 
The problems that exist for - and with - young men in America are far greater, IMO.
What could possibly be more important than whether a particular dike bar requires masks at an event??!

Well, we haven't started talking about young bisexual women with nose rings yet. I don't know what's more important: nose rings, lesbian bars requiring masks, periods, a Jewish white woman saying she's Palestinian, women who have 1970s length pubic hair.... We need some kind of complaint survey where we can chart the gripes into a spectrum that ordinary people can use to look these things up.
You left out mllenial women who dye their hair.
 
We need some kind of complaint survey where we can chart the gripes into a spectrum that ordinary people can use to look these things up.
An independent board of representatives can assign weights to gripes so they can be compared for best resolution of situations where resolution of Gripe X can only be attained by permitting Gripe Y to remain unaddressed, or vice versa.
 
Back
Top Bottom